Friday, September 7, 2012

Hummus Chicken Salad

So, Hubby and I are trying an all chicken diet. By all chicken, I mean no other kind of meat. We've also cut out fast food and most carbs at dinner time.It's only the first week, so wish me luck! It's our attempt at eating healthier. But, this also forces me to be more creative at meal time. I threw this together for a quick summer dinner and it was amazing! And it's so versatile. You can use whatever veggies you want to, whatever flavor hummus you want to and you can eat it a hundred different ways: On a sandwich, in a pita, with crackers, as lettuce wraps or on a bed of greens. Did I mention it's also Gluten Free?

Why hummus?
Only 60 calories and 3.5 grams of fat vs. the 180 calories and 20 grams of fat in Mayo.

Total calories of my version below: 275 for the entire thing!

HUMMUS CHICKEN SALAD
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1-2

Ingredients
1 (5oz.) can of chicken breast (or diced chicken, leftover rotisserie, etc.)
1/2 roma tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 avocado, chopped
2 Tbsp. hummus (I used Athenos Original)

Directions
1 Mix ingredients together.
2 Eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment