Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

Even though it was 100 degrees today, I'm craving Fall. So I made this delicious Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup. The recipe called for sun dried tomatoes, but I knew my boys wouldn't like it, so I omitted those. They do, however, love pasta, so I doubled the amount of tortellini. Next time I think we'll add some sliced mushrooms. Yum!

Oh, and did I mention that it literally takes 10 minutes to throw together?

CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
Serves: 6-8
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cans condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped OR 2 Tbsp. sun dried tomato paste (we left this out)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 package cheese filled tortellini (9 oz.) (we used a 19 oz. bag of frozen tortellini)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Directions
1 Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot until golden brown.
2 When garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, half-and-half, chicken stock and seasonings. Bring to a simmer.
3 Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup and cook according to package directions.
4 Ladle into bowls. Top with parmesan cheese and serve with french bread



No comments:

Post a Comment